HEALTHY DESSERT OR BREAKFAST TREAT
APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS
A RECIPE WITH RACHEL'S OATS
● 1/2 Cup Rachels Apple Cinnamon Oats
● ½ cup all-purpose, gluten free flour, or whole wheat flour
● ¼ coconut sugar
● ¼ cup almond milk (milk or skim milk is fine)
● ½ small apple (preferably honey crisp, but fuji, gala, etc. would work)
● 1 large egg or flax egg
● 1 teaspoon vanilla
● 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
● ½ teaspoon baking powder
● ¼ teaspoon baking soda
● ¼ teaspoon salt
● ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, applesauce, almond milk, egg (or flax egg),
3. Melt coconut oil, then add it to the bowl.
4. Stir in the coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and
5. Dice the apples into tiny chunks and stir in the pieces
6. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray
7. Scoop the batter into the muffin tins
8. I made mine into 12 mini muffins but you could make larger muffins if you
like, you will just need to bake them longer
9. For the mini muffins, bake for 14-18 minutes, or until they are a little
brown on the edges.
10. Remove muffins from the pan immediately.
● Avoid over-mixing the batter, otherwise the muffins will become tough and
● Ensure the muffins are removed from the pan immediately after they are
removed from the oven, otherwise they will become soggy.
● Bake these on the center rack in the oven so that muffins cook evenly.
● Use a toothpick to determine the doneness. Stick a toothpick into the
center of one muffin. It should come out clean and the muffin should feel